OPTICAL SENSOR FOR RANGE FINDING AND WIND SENSING MEASUREMENTS
|Numéro de publication||2018/071684|
|Statut||Délivré - en vigueur|
|Date de dépôt||2017-10-12|
|Date de publication||2018-04-19|
|Propriétaire||CUBIC CORPORATION (USA)|
AbrégéAn optical communication device can address these and other issues by utilizing a system and method in which an optical device (110) emits a series of laser pulses that trace a spiral path over a coverage area. Each laser pulse containing a packet of information modulated at a relatively rate to help mitigate adverse effects from device movements, scintillation, and the like. The beam width of the laser, speed of the scan (along the spiral path), and number of laser pulses can be configured such that corresponding response pulses (e.g., retro-modulated pulses) received from an illuminated tag within the coverage may have a variety of different amplitudes, increasing the likelihood that at least one of the response pulses will have power characteristics that facilitate a proper decoding of the response pulse.
Classes IPC ?
- F41A 17/08 - Safety arrangements, e.g. safeties for inhibiting firing in a specified direction, e.g. at a friendly person or at a protected area
- F41G 1/35 - Night sights, e.g. luminescent combined with light source, e.g. spot light for illuminating the target
- G01S 17/74 - Systems using reradiation of electromagnetic waves other than radio waves, e.g. IFF, i.e. identification of friend or foe
- G06K 7/10 - Methods or arrangements for sensing record carriers by corpuscular radiation
- H04B 10/112 - Line-of-sight transmission over an extended range
- F41G 3/08 - Aiming or laying means with means for compensating for speed, direction, temperature, pressure, or humidity of the atmosphere
- F41G 3/12 - Aiming or laying means with means for compensating for muzzle velocity or powder temperature
- F41G 3/16 - Sighting devices adapted for indirect laying of fire