Remote distance estimation system and method
|First Publication Date||2021-07-20|
|Owner||AI Incorporated (Canada)|
AbstractProvided is a method including emitting, with a laser light emitter disposed on a robot, a collimated laser beam projecting a light point on a surface opposite the laser light emitter; capturing, with each of at least two image sensors disposed on the robot, images of the projected light point; overlaying, with a processor of the robot, the images captured by the at least two image sensors to produce a superimposed image showing both captured images in a single image; determining, with the processor of the robot, a first distance between the projected light points in the superimposed image; and determining, with the processor, a second distance based on the first distance using a relationship that relates distance between light points with distance between the robot or a sensor thereof and the surface on which the collimated laser beam is projected.
IPC Classes ?
- G06T 7/70 - Determining position or orientation of objects or cameras
- G06T 11/60 - Editing figures and text; Combining figures or text
- H04N 5/225 - Television cameras
- G06T 7/521 - Depth or shape recovery from the projection of structured light
- G01S 11/12 - Systems for determining distance or velocity not using reflection or reradiation using electromagnetic waves other than radio waves
- G01S 17/46 - Indirect determination of position data
- G06K 9/62 - Methods or arrangements for recognition using electronic means