Method for estimating distance using point measurement and color depth
|First Publication Date||2021-06-15|
|Owner||AI Incorporated (Canada)|
AbstractA method including detecting an object in a line of sight of at least one sensor; adjusting a current path of the robot to include a detour path around the object, instructing the robot to resume along the current path after avoiding the object, discarding at least some data collected by sensors of the robot in overlapping areas covered, inferring previously visited areas and unvisited areas, generating a planar representation of a workspace of the robot by stitching data collected by at least some sensors of the robot at overlapping points, and presenting at least the planar representation and coverage statistics on an application of a communication device.
IPC Classes ?
- H04N 7/18 - Closed-circuit television systems, i.e. systems in which the signal is not broadcast
- G06T 7/60 - Analysis of geometric attributes
- G01C 3/08 - Use of electric radiation detectors
- G06T 7/521 - Depth or shape recovery from the projection of structured light
- G06T 7/90 - Determination of colour characteristics