LOADING BUILD MATERIAL FOR A 3D PRINTER
|First Publication Date||2023-02-02|
|Owner||Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. (USA)|
AbstractIn one example, a system for loading build material into a portable build unit having a platform on which objects are printed and a build material supply container next to the platform. The system includes a build material dispenser, a conveyor to move the build unit and/or the dispenser, and a controller operatively connected to the dispenser and the conveyor. The controller is programmed to, with the build unit and the dispenser in a fill position, cause the dispenser to dispense build material into the supply container, cause the conveyor to move the build unit and/or the dispenser to and/or from the fill position, and, while the conveyor moves the build unit and/or the dispenser to and/or from the fill position, cause the dispenser to dispense build material on to the platform.
IPC Classes ?
- B29C 64/321 - Feeding
- B29C 64/245 - Platforms or substrates
- B29C 64/255 - Enclosures for the building material, e.g. powder containers
- B29C 64/214 - Doctor blades
- B29C 64/209 - Heads; Nozzles
- B29C 64/236 - Driving means for motion in a direction within the plane of a layer
- B33Y 30/00 - ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING, i.e. MANUFACTURING OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL [3D] OBJECTS BY ADDITIVE DEPOSITION, ADDITIVE AGGLOMERATION OR ADDITIVE LAYERING, e.g. BY 3D PRINTING, STEREOLITHOGRAPHY OR SELECTIVE LASER SINTERING - Details thereof or accessories therefor
- B33Y 40/00 - Auxiliary operations or equipment, e.g. for material handling