Firearm receiver assembly
|First Publication Date||2020-01-16|
|Owner||LWRC International LLC (USA)|
|Inventor||Gomez, Jesus S.|
AbstractAn upper receiver assembly for a firearm having an upper receiver with an integral barrel nut, a handguard assembly and a barrel nut assembly with a barrel and lock nut is provided. The barrel is received by the upper receiver and is secured directly to the upper receiver using the lock nut. The upper receiver also includes an integral handguard mounting member to which the handguard assembly may be directly attached. The upper receiver assembly allows the user to attach both the barrel and handguard assemblies directly to the upper receiver, independently of one another.
IPC Classes ?
- F41A 21/48 - Barrel mounting means, e.g. releasable mountings for replaceable barrels
- F41A 3/66 - Breech housings or frames; Receivers
- F41C 23/16 - Forestocks; Handgrips; Hand guards
- F41A 5/18 - Mechanisms or systems operated by propellant charge energy for automatically opening the lock gas-operated
- F41A 21/00 - Barrels or gun tubes; Muzzle attachments; Barrel mounting means
- F41C 23/20 - Butts; Butt plates; Mountings therefor