Bolt carrier and bolt for gas operated firearms
|First Publication Date||2018-03-08|
|Owner||LWRC International LLC (USA)|
|Inventor||Gomez, Jesus S.|
AbstractAn improved bolt and bolt carrier with integral gas key having an extension nozzle threadedly secured and pinned to the gas key for use with a direct gas operated firearm is provided. The extension nozzle is designed to receive a portion of the host firearm's gas operating system. The firing pin retaining pin is oriented so as to expose its widest profile to the firing pin's annular flange, increasing its service life. The bolt has a plurality of lugs extending from its forward end. The extractor recess is constructed so that the face of the bolt is round and the adjacent lugs fully supported. The extractor engages approximately 17% more of a seated ammunition cartridge's rim as compared to the prior art AR15/M16 extractor. The result is an improved bolt and bolt carrier which provides for increased operational reliability.
IPC Classes ?
- F41A 15/12 - Cartridge extractors, i.e. devices for pulling cartridges or cartridge cases at least partially out of the cartridge chamber; Cartridge ejectors, i.e. devices for throwing the extracted cartridges or cartridge cases free of the gun for bolt-action guns
- F41A 5/24 - Mechanisms or systems operated by propellant charge energy for automatically opening the lock gas-operated by direct action of gas pressure on bolt or locking elements
- F41A 5/18 - Mechanisms or systems operated by propellant charge energy for automatically opening the lock gas-operated
- F41A 19/06 - Mechanical firing mechanisms
- F41A 3/38 - Semi-rigid bolt locks, i.e. having locking elements movably mounted on the bolt or on the barrrel or breech housing having rocking locking elements, e.g. pivoting levers or vanes
- F41A 3/26 - Rigid bolt locks, i.e. having locking elements rigidly mounted on the bolt or bolt handle and on the barrel or breech-housing respectively the locking elements effecting a rotary movement about the barrel axis, e.g. rotating cylinder bolt locks semi-automatically or automatically operated, e.g. having a slidable bolt-carrier and a rotatable bolt
- F41A 3/64 - Mounting of breech-blocks; Accessories for breech-blocks or breech-block mountings