MEDIA PLAYER CONFIGURED TO RECEIVE PLAYBACK FILTERS FROM ALTERNATIVE STORAGE MEDIUMS
|First Publication Date||2016-11-03|
|Owner||Clearplay, Inc. (USA)|
AbstractA media player configured with a first removable memory reader, such as a DVD drive, and a second removable memory reader, such as a flash memory reader, adapted to communicate with a removable memory containing filter data. The media player is configured to allow filtered playback of a multimedia presentation, such as a movie. Filtered playback causes certain portions of the multimedia presentation to be skipped, muted, blurred, cropped, or otherwise modified to eliminate or reduce potentially objectionable scenes, language, or other content. The second memory reader provides a convenient medium for the loading of filter information, whether data files, executable program code, or the like, to local memory of the media player to employ during filtered playback. Alternatively, the filters may be accessed from the removable storage media during playback rather than loading to local memory.
IPC Classes ?
- H04N 21/4545 - Input to filtering algorithms, e.g. filtering a region of the image
- H04N 21/435 - Processing of additional data, e.g. decrypting of additional data or reconstructing software from modules extracted from the transport stream
- H04N 9/87 - Regeneration of colour television signals
- H04N 5/765 - Interface circuits between an apparatus for recording and another apparatus
- H04N 5/85 - Television signal recording using optical recording on discs or drums