Neutralization and removal of acids in HVAC systems through the use of drying agents
|First Publication Date||2016-02-11|
|Owner||Alltemp Products Company Limited (Canada)|
AbstractA composition for neutralizing or removing an acid in a refrigeration or air-conditioning system, the composition comprising a) an acid neutralizer or scavenger such as a metal alkoxide, carbodiimide, glycidyl ether, epoxide, alkanolamine, arylamine, overbased metal sulphonates, or an inorganic base (e.g. KOH); and b) a hydrolytic drying agent such as an orthoester (e.g. triethylorthoformate), acetal, epoxide, or a carbodiimide, whereby the water formed by neutralization is removed from the system. Also disclosed is the use of the composition for neutralizing or removing an acid from a refrigeration or air-conditioning system; and a method for neutralizing or removing an acid from the refrigeration or air-conditioning system.
IPC Classes ?
- C09K 15/06 - Anti-oxidant compositions; Compositions inhibiting chemical change containing organic compounds containing oxygen
- F25B 45/00 - Arrangements for charging or discharging refrigerant
- C09K 5/04 - Materials undergoing a change of physical state when used the change of state being from liquid to vapour or vice-versa
- C23F 11/04 - Inhibiting corrosion of metallic material by applying inhibitors to the surface in danger of corrosion or adding them to the corrosive agent in markedly acid liquids
- C10M 171/00 - Lubricating compositions characterised by purely physical criteria, e.g. containing as base-material, thickener or additive, ingredients which are characterised exclusively by their numerically specified physical properties, i.e. containing ingredien
- B65D 1/12 - Cans, casks, barrels, or drums
- C10M 141/02 - Lubricating compositions characterised by the additive being a mixture of two or more compounds covered by more than one of the main groups , each of these compounds being essential at least one of them being an organic oxygen-containing compound
- C23F 11/12 - Oxygen-containing compounds
- C23F 11/18 - Inhibiting corrosion of metallic material by applying inhibitors to the surface in danger of corrosion or adding them to the corrosive agent in other liquids using inorganic inhibitors
- F25B 47/00 - Arrangements for preventing or removing deposits or corrosion, not provided for in another subclass