Media player configured to receive playback filters from alternative storage mediums
|First Publication Date||2012-08-16|
|Owner||Clearplay, Inc. (USA)|
AbstractA media player configured with a first removable memory reader, such as a DVD drive, and a second removable memory reader, such as a flash memory reader, adapted to communicate with a removable memory containing filter data. The media player is configured to allow filtered playback of a multimedia presentation, such as a movie. Filtered playback causes certain portions of the multimedia presentation to be skipped, muted, blurred, cropped, or otherwise modified to eliminate or reduce potentially objectionable scenes, language, or other content. The second memory reader provides a convenient medium for the loading of filter information, whether data files, executable program code, or the like, to local memory of the media player to employ during filtered playback. Alternatively, the filters may be accessed from the removable storage media during playback rather than loading to local memory.
IPC Classes ?
- G06F 15/16 - Combinations of two or more digital computers each having at least an arithmetic unit, a program unit and a register, e.g. for a simultaneous processing of several programs
- H04N 9/804 - Transformation of the television signal for recording, e.g. modulation, frequency changing; Inverse transformation for playback involving pulse code modulation of the colour picture signal components
- H04L 29/06 - Communication control; Communication processing characterised by a protocol
- H04L 12/28 - Data switching networks characterised by path configuration, e.g. LAN [Local Area Networks] or WAN [Wide Area Networks]
- H04N 5/781 - Television signal recording using magnetic recording on disks or drums
- H04N 5/85 - Television signal recording using optical recording on discs or drums
- H04N 5/907 - Television signal recording using static stores, e.g. storage tubes or semiconductor memories