Multimedia content navigation and playback
|First Publication Date||2005-07-28|
|Owner||Clearplay Inc. (USA)|
|Inventor||Jarman, Matthew T.|
AbstractIn accordance with the present invention, a filtering process is based on the output side of a multimedia decoder. A navigator monitors the current play position of the multimedia content and compares that position with navigation objects. Each navigation object defines a start position, a stop position, and an filtering action to perform on the portion of the multimedia content that begins at the start position and ends at the stop position. When the current play position falls within the portion of multimedia content defined by a particular navigation object, the navigator activates the filtering action that was assigned to the navigation object. Filtering actions include skipping, muting, reframing, etc., the portion of multimedia content defined by a navigation object. A variety of systems may be used to implement the present invention, such as computer systems (consumer and server), television systems, and audio systems.
IPC Classes ?
- H04N 7/16 - Analogue secrecy systems; Analogue subscription systems
- H04N 7/173 - Analogue secrecy systems; Analogue subscription systems with two-way working, e.g. subscriber sending a programme selection signal
- H04N 9/00 - PICTORIAL COMMUNICATION, e.g. TELEVISION - Details of colour television systems
- H04N 11/00 - Colour television systems
- H04N 7/00 - Television systems