Apparatus and method for blocking audio/visual programming and for muting audio
|First Publication Date||2006-12-07|
|Owner||Clearplay, Inc. (USA)|
|Inventor||Jarman, Matthew T.|
AbstractA program blocking application that blocks programming for one or more possible users, based on various criteria associated with the program. A program word muting application that selectively mutes context specific words as a function of program specific criteria.
IPC Classes ?
- H04N 7/10 - Adaptations for transmission by electrical cable
- H04N 21/84 - Generation or processing of descriptive data, e.g. content descriptors
- H04N 21/258 - Client or end-user data management, e.g. managing client capabilities, user preferences or demographics or processing of multiple end-users preferences to derive collaborative data
- H04N 21/439 - Processing of audio elementary streams
- H04N 21/45 - Management operations performed by the client for facilitating the reception of or the interaction with the content or administrating data related to the end-user or to the client device itself, e.g. learning user preferences for recommending movies
- H04N 21/454 - Content filtering, e.g. blocking advertisements
- H04N 21/475 - End-user interface for inputting end-user data, e.g. PIN [Personal Identification Number] or preference data
- H04N 21/482 - End-user interface for program selection
- H04N 21/658 - Transmission by the client directed to the server