|Open to Public Date||2008-06-20|
|Owner||ALLTEMP PRODUCTS COMPANY LIMITED (Canada)|
|Inventor||Klipstein, Donald L.|
AbstractLED lamp has LEDs aimed rearwards with either a concave mirror to the rear of each LED, or one concave mirror to the rear of two or more LEDs, collecting the light from the LEDs to form a forward projecting beam. LEDs may be high power types that require heatsinking. LED lamp may have a lens forward of each LED to collimate the radiation produced by the LEDs into a beam, where at least one lens has at least one aspheric curved surface. LED lamp may have a transparent reflective optic to collimate the radiation produced by each LED into a beam. LEEDs mounted to heatsink mount with spokes and ring to support LEDs in place above mirror and conduct away heat.
IPC Classes ?
- F21V 7/04 - Optical design
- F21V 29/70 - Cooling arrangements characterised by passive heat-dissipating elements, e.g. heat-sinks
- F21K 9/00 - Light sources using semiconductor devices as light-generating elements, e.g. using light-emitting diodes [LED] or lasers
- F21L 4/00 - Electric lighting devices with self-contained electric batteries or cells
- F21L 14/02 - Electric lighting devices without a self-contained power source, e.g. for mains connection capable of hand-held use, e.g. inspection lamps
- F21V 7/10 - Construction